Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peer Review of Lesson

On Friday, Sep. 18th, I taught my lesson on Highland Dancing to Ralph, Greg and Erwin. After the 10min. presentation, they were asked to spend 7min. reviewing my performance and here is a summary of their thoughts:

My 3 peers all agreed that the my brief introduction and instruction on Highland Dancing and its history, was well outlined and purposeful. They appreciated that I told them the history, as it was 'interesting' and set the tone. They recalled being asked for a pre and post-test evaluation of their knowledge/learning of highland dancing. Most importantly, my peers acknowledged the participation-based learning structure of the lesson as engaging. Finally, they included that there had been a clear summary of the history of the more complex dances.

My 3 peers felt the lesson strengths were:
  • instruction was both physical and historical
  • dance step learned was new, fun and easy
  • instruction was clear and helpful

My 3 peers felt the lesson areas that needed development were:

  • the students would have appreciated more individual attention
  • the students would have liked more motivation and less pressure to learn at the speed of the group
  • the lesson would have greatly benefited from a performance by the instructor (me)

Please note: these reviews have been paraphrased. If Ralph, Greg or Erwin feel these my words don't adequately reflect their thoughts, please let me know, or comment below. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment