Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reflection: 'Free Write' & Math Poem Analysis

Exerpts from free-write:

"Zero is an ultimatim..."
"...it is the absense and it is comforting."
"It is the producer of uncertainty, goal of asymtotic behaviour"

Analysis:

I found my free-write to be too confusing to pull much from. I certainly didn't use any direct quotations from the free-write for my poem. But to give feedback on the effectiveness of this activity, I have created a pros & cons list.

Pros:
  • Fun exercise that made me think a lot about pure numbers and their relations
  • Good practice of applying knowledge of mathematics to an artistic medium
  • The free-write did provide some useful ideas for future work

Cons:

  • I needed some more inspiration before I did my free-write
  • I would have prefered more variety in topic options
  • I would have loved writing the poem if I had the freedom to rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment